Recently, approximately 350 players from across Louisiana, participated in the Adult 55 & Over State Tennis Championship in Shreveport/Bossier City. State winners in each division advanced to Southern Sectionals, to be held in Ashville, North Carolina in September. Three local teams were state winners and have qualified for the Southern Sectionals.
55+ 3.0 Ladies
Annette Davidson, Carole Alexander, Terry Shinn, Malinda Gore, Ann Swor, Donna Cox, Brenda White, Sandra Vickers, Jinnie Johnson, Angi Pondell, Mollie Chance, and Pat Thurmon-Captain
55+ 3.0 Men
Gail Lowry, Dennis Alexander , Timothy Walsh, Fredric Hendricks, Vernon Brite, David Sanders, Kurt Ley, Ralph Pondell, Barry Doyle, and William Hurst-Captain
55+ 4.0 Ladies
Judy Tabor, Barbara Johnson, Peggy McCrary, Regina Pierce, Susan Crichton, Patty Hurst, and Suzie Walker Sharp-Captain
Registration is now open for the 2015 Tri-Level League
18 & Over: 2.5-3.0-3.5 (women only); 3.0-3.5-4.0 (men and women); 3.5-4.0-4.5 (men and women)
40 & Over: 3.0-3.5-4.0 (men and women); 3.5-4.0-4.5 (men and womenn)
55 & Over: 3.0-3.5-4.0 (men and women)
What is Tri-Level?
• A team match consists of three individual doubles matches: one doubles match at three different levels (Example, one 3.0 doubles, one 3.5 doubles and one 4.0 doubles = Tri-Level team)
• You will play best 2 out of 3 sets, with the 3rd set being a 10 point tie break.
• Leagues are required to play a minimum of three matches.
• Players will have to play a minimum of one match to qualify for the State Tournament (One match can be a default.)
• Players may play at their NTRP rated level or one level higher.
• Participation does not affect player's NTRP rating.
April 8-Team Registration Opens
April 27-Team Registration Closes-Must have a minimum of 2 players at each level registered on the team
May 3-Season Starts
July 30-Season Ends
Aug 14-17-State-Baton Rouge
Sectionals Invitational Oct 16-18 Jackson MS
For More Information Contact
Tammie Harris, Tri-Level Coordinator